CONSTITUTION (TENTH AMENDMENT) ACT, 1987
An Act to further amend the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan [Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part I, 29th March, 1987]
The following Act of Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) received the assent of the President on the 25th March, I987, and is hereby published for general information:-
Whereas it is expedient further to amend the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan for the purposes hereinafter appearing :
It is hereby enacted as follows :-
- Short title and commencement.
- This Act may be called the Constitution (Tenth amendment) Act,1987.
- It shall come into force at once.
- Amendment of Article 54 of the Constitution.
- In the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, hereinafter referred to as the Constitution, in Article 54, in clause (2) , in the proviso, for the word "sixty" the word "thirty" shall be substituted .
- Amendment of Article 61 of the Constitution.
- In the Constitution, in Article 61, for the words "one hundred and sixty" the words "one hundred and thirty" shall be substituted.