|The Constitution of Pakistan||
Orders related to the November 3, 2007 Emergency
On November 3, 2007, General Pervez Musharraf, President of Pakistan and Chief of Army Staff, issued a Proclamation of Emergency, which held the Constitution in "abeyance". The Proclamation of Emergency was rescinded on December 15, 2007.
These actions were validated by the Supreme Court consisting of judges who took oath under the Judges (Oath of Office) Order, 007.
Subsequently, the Supreme Court declared the action of November 3rd, 2007 and constitutional amendments made during that period as null and void. The amendments made to the Constitution thus were never incorporated into the text presented on this site.
This is a listing of orders and proclamations on constitutional issues made during that period. Note: This is not a complete listing. Documents are posted as they become available.
- Proclamation of Emergency - November 3rd, 2007
- Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 2007 - as amended | as originally issued on November 3rd, 2007.
- Oath of Office (Judges) Order, 2007 - November 3rd, 2007.
- Provisional Constitution (Amendment) Order - November 15th, 2007.
- Constitution (Amendment) Order, 2007 - November 21st, 2007. Indemnifies action of November 3rd, 2007, and creates Islamabad High Court.
- Constitution (Second Amendment) Order, 2007 - December 14, 2007.
- Islamabad High Court (Establishment) Order, 2007 - December 14, 2007.
- Revocation of Proclamation of Emergency Order, 2007 - December 15th, 2007